• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Volt Meter Electrical Problems

piperpilot123

I have an electrical problem that is driving me nuts. When I start the engine there is a faint clicking sound and the volt meter needle continues the fluctuate between yellow and green and does not stop until I shut it down. Any one
have any idea what it could be, maybe the glow plug relay ???
Thanks for the help
1987 2 man M998
1999 H1 Hummer soft top
2003 H1 Hummer soft top

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a normal function called after glow....only problem is it's only supposed to do that for about 1-2mins and then stop.
this is controlled by your EESS...I'm assuming the timer function that controls after glow has gone haywire.
most likely need a new EESS.

Action

+1. are you just shutting it off when it doesn't stop? Or how long have you let it run and it keeps moving? The headlights will dim and get bright also.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed, normal. Don't feel bad for asking though, I didn't know about it until I asked!

That said, it should only last a minute or so and stop. If yours is going much longer, then yes, something wrong.

Bulldogger

desmodromic

Thanks for passing along the knowledge in the replies. One of my HMMWVs does this regardless of what EESS box is installed, but stops after 2-3 minutes. Good to know the one acting "weird" is a actually the normal one. One gremlin down, 99 more to go. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks