• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

volt meter in red until primary air gauge gets to 120

ghettoct

ok, was out today tinkering and started the m923a2 up, following the start up procedure. the volt meter went to the red and beyond. the ABS light came on and stayed on. the air was building up in the primary and secondary and when the primary gauge got to 120 the volt meter went back into the green. the abs stayed on. cycled the truck off per shut down procedure and restarted the truck. abs light went out and the volt meter was in green. (primary and secondary are at 120psi)

the air in tanks does bleed down over a time period and this seems to only happen when the tanks are down below the 120 psi, that i have noticed.

the PO had the CTIS disconnected, the ABS light was intermittent, they had a new PCB installed when they got the truck 2 years ago.

i am currently going through the 6 2012 Tm's to figure some starting points to address. just wanted to see if anyone else had encountered this type of problem. i have done searches on alternator over charging, abs etc. lots of good info but seem to be chasing the gremlin in my truck.

i did put a volt meter on the two battery cables going out of battery box and was getting 28.4V while truck was running (but forgot to check volt meter on dash to see if that was in red or green) before the monsoon and sleet hit i was trying to put volt meter on diagnostic port but couldn't figure out which was terminal N and P to check (looked in TM but can't find designation diagram).

took the two fuses for ABS out and verified that both were in tact, the correct fuses and functioning. tried to get some info off the alternator (data plate is under bracket and facing block) used a small mirror and can make out its a 60 amp one. all wires into the back are intact and not burnt, windings are intact as well. i did let truck run for a few mins building air up and felt alternator and it felt slightly warm. no electrical smells.

thanks for any input. back to reading the TM's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks