• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

volt meter jumping

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the gauge grounds...as well as other wiring. Bring the idle to 2k rpm and check output...see if it's fluctuation on output....if it is, the regulator is bad.

papakb

If you haven't installed the supplemental ground harness I'd strongly suggest you find or make one and put it in your truck. It will solve problems like this and eliminate future problems. There are directions on how to make them and install them on most HMMWV sites. Part of installing the harness is going through the ground system and making sure everything is clean and tight. One of the worst grounds is also one of the most important and that's the one through the firewall behind the heater controls. They tend to corrode fairly easily and this is where your gauge panel ties into the ground system. On my truck I installed a long 1/4-20 setscrew with nuts and star washers on both sides of the firewall and then tied everything else into that. Another hint is to use plenty of electricians anti-oxidation grease on the connections to eliminate water wicking and corrosion.

Kurt
KG6KMJ

rookie

Well guys i just wanted to inform u that i installed a grounding kit and went thru all the grounds some were a little loose but the problem got fixed thanks for all the input thats why i love this forum very helpful guys thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks