• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Voltage loss with increased engine rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmilkman589

ok i had another thread started and wasnt getting much on replies so i narrowed down the issue in the title hoping someone can help me out. i have to make a 5 hour trip home from buffalo next week and my gen 1 does not work at highway speed. i need it to or its a long walk.

when i start my truck initially the gen 1 is not working. but when it warms up it slightly comes in. when i drive around town all looks fairly good. but then as soon as i jump on the highway the voltage drops off. gen 1 pretty much stops working all together.
what part in the alternator could be bad? i already replaced the brushes and volt regulator, what part should i replace next. what could be causing voltage loss with increased engine rpm. also the cold makes it worse too!

dmilkman589

im an idiot. times a million.
brought truck to a alternator shop. the guy felt the pulley it was hot. very hot.
changed belts. tightened them up. (it was slipping)
tightened up loose ground on front battery.
everything is perfect now...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DO NOT START A NEW THREAD FOR THE SAME ISSUE.
You have been here long enough to know how things work here.

In your other thread we told you to check the belts and you decided not to take our advice.

Locking this thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.