• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

voltage meter issue HELP!!!

jhyatt7

voltage meter issue

My voltage indicator only shows in the yellow, and does not move much when the M1009 is started. Another issue is it constantly reads, even when the key is removed. The voltage meter only drops when the batteries are disconnected.

I also have no dash lights, speedo stopped working and the cigarette lighter port also stopped working.

Any advise or help would be deeply appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you brokedown on the highway?

jhyatt7

Title changed sorry about that. This actually did happen suddenly, I also am having trouble with my ignition switch, its difficult to turn the key at times, could this be the problem?

Heath_h49008

That sounds similar to the ignition switch failures we used to see. The 80s-90s Fords were notorious. If the contact has failed/burned to the "Key On" contact that powers the dash lights/accessories circuit it could do what you are describing.

I'll look for a wiring diagram to see what things are on that circuit. Make a list of all the things that don't turn on. We just need to find the common point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks