• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Voltage not reading

SobrietyskcuS

I have a 831a and the voltage gauge doesn’t move the load when I plug some on the 220v. If I ll Plug some in on the 110 side it will work but not on the 220 I have a mini split AC that’s 220 the AC works but it doesn’t register on the voltage gauge.

SobrietyskcuS

The red switch is set for 220 I took the fuel injectors out today and it runs and then it stall for a few seconds and puffs black smoke and then runs again. When I close the circuit interrupter it will power but when it stalls it turns off the circuit interrupter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like the engine is surging due to a bad governor controller. It's a very common problem with the 831's. Both of the 831's I purchased had bad Governor controllers.
I sell replacement controllers. They are listed in the Parts for Sale section of the Classifieds on the forum.