• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Voltage Regulator adjustment? MEP-016B

Isaac-1

I had my MEP-016B running some this weekend, after changing the voltage selector switch to 120V only from 120V/208V I find that my front panel voltage control knob will now only adjust up to 117.4 V (in 120/208 it would go up to 125V or so), I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a simple trim pot on the voltage regulator to adjust the range of the front panel knob? I think the MEP-016B uses the same volatge regulators as most of the other small MEP units. I think there is an adjustment procedure in the TM for the voltage regulator, but don;'t know if I need to go through the whole process or if I can just tweak one thing.

Thanks Ike

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the voltage regulator isn't going to change anything about what it does no matter what position your selector switch is in. I remember looking at the prints for the 016 a little while ago, I seem to remember them being a little convoluted when it comes to the operation of the voltage selection. give me a little while to look it up again and see if I can come up with any better suggestions. But I do not believe you are having a voltage regulator issue.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ike,

I was looking through the TM for the 016, plus I re-read your post...that I misunderstood the first time around. It's easiest to check the rheostat first and make sure it's giving you a good linear increase in resistance from 0 the whole way through to the max reading...whatever that may be (1k, 5k, 10k, 25k ohms???).

If it is indeed the voltage regulator, it looks to me that the only adjustable pot on that regulator is R6. But there is a pretty easy to understand testing and adjustment procedure for it in the TM. If you want to try adjusting R6 a little that's up to you, but if it were mine I would take the extra time and pull the regulator and test/adjust it properly.

Isaac-1

Thanks, it will probably be next weekend before I get a chance to do much with it. 117.4V is probably close enough for most purposes, but I don't really like that it is at the max range, the rheostat looked to adjust the voltage in a nice linear way with no spikes, but I don't know the range

Ike

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I scanned through the manual but I couldn't find any kind of range for it....the 003 tells you the adjustable voltage range of the rheostat in the manual, so you know if you're not getting the voltage you need to start looking for the problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks