• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Voltmeter Drop Cycle Question

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1986 M1009.

During the last two cold starts I have noticed the following:

Normal start, engine running, everything else normal:

The needle in the voltmeter drops into the yellow and I hear a relay clicking somewhere

OR

I hear a relay clicking somewhere and the voltmeter drops into the yellow

I’m not sure which is happening first. It does this several times, then the voltmeter is back in the green and it doesn’t do it again during the drive. It may or may not correspond with a squealing coming from either a belt or a bearing. The squeal only lasts a few moments then it stops. The belts are all new as of a few days ago.

txmytx_catahoula

That's the glow plug system "re-glow". It will do that till the card stops it.

The squeal you're hearing is from the load on the alternator. You might tighten the belts again and that should help.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks