• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Voltmeter issues after changing belts

Ggping

So I just changed the belts on my m1008. This sucked but was able to get everything fairly tight. I went to start the truck and everything was normal. Took it around the block came home and shut the truck off. Checked oil and what not went to start it and notice the voltmeter has no movement. Do the belts play a big role in the voltmeter? Or is this coincidence and meter has passed on.

I have searched this forum and don’t see anyone ever having the same issue. So I’m thinking coincidence.

Last edited:

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I just changed the belts on my m1008. This sucked but was able to get everything fairly tight. I went to start the truck and everything was normal. Took it around the block came home and shut the truck off. Checked oil and what not went to start it and notice the voltmeter has no movement. Do the belts play a big role in the voltmeter? Or is this coincidence and meter has passed on.

I have searched this forum and don’t see anyone ever having the same issue. So I’m thinking coincidence.
Any chance you sparked the connections on the alternators when doing the belts? Is it making power?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Ggping

Trying to remember…I do think there was a little sparkle on the driver side alt…I recall calling my self a dumbass for not disconnecting the batteries…. I tested the alternators and seems to be charging. GEN 1 and Gen 2 lights come on when starting and go out when started.

This is my first CUCV. Even though I operated these in the Navy Seabees. If they broke you just send them off the the mechanics…so my knowledge is very limited and my brain seems to fall flat on the 24v system.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure but check the 24 volt fuse in the box...I can't remember but it might power that gage. The 24 volt system is very simple once you map it out.

Ggping

I'm not sure but check the 24 volt fuse in the box...I can't remember but it might power that gage. The 24 volt system is very simple once you map it out.

Forgive my ignorance. Are you talking about the fuse box under the dash? I checked a few ( not all) and the ones I checked were fine. I will check the rest today. I tried looking for a manual that list what fuse is for what being that the fuse box is no longer legible. But can’t seem to find one or the location in a Manuel.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forgive my ignorance. Are you talking about the fuse box under the dash? I checked a few ( not all) and the ones I checked were fine. I will check the rest today. I tried looking for a manual that list what fuse is for what being that the fuse box is no longer legible. But can’t seem to find one or the location in a Manuel.
Yes under the dash, it's the bottom fuse...if you use a volt meter you can verify the 24 volt one.

Ggping

Awesome thank you. I will check today!!
Yes under the dash, it's the bottom fuse...if you use a volt meter you can verify the 24 volt one.

Ok so checked fuse and other than it being a 20A fuse it’s good. Checked the voltage and I’m getting 27.2 while running.

checked batteries and both alt seem to be charging fine.

IMG_5852.jpeg

Ggping

RIP Gage. You will be missed.
hahahaha. Love it!!! It will have a proper ceremony to recognize it’s long service.
That being said….I did purchase a ISSPRO 24v gauge. Oddly enough did not come with instructions. Anyone have an idea how I should wire it. I got it as was suggested to someone else in another post I read. That member said plug and play. However my interpretation of plug and play is obviously different

Attachments

jplace1011

hahahaha. Love it!!! It will have a proper ceremony to recognize it’s long service.
That being said….I did purchase a ISSPRO 24v gauge. Oddly enough did not come with instructions. Anyone have an idea how I should wire it. I got it as was suggested to someone else in another post I read. That member said plug and play. However my interpretation of plug and play is obviously different
@Ggping here is how he wired a similar Voltmeter. Hopefully this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ggping

RIP Gage. You will be missed.
That being said….I did purchase a ISSPRO 24v gauge. Oddly enough did not come with instructions. Anyone have an idea how I should wire it. I got it as was suggested to someone else in another post I read. That member said plug and play. However my interpretation of plug and play must be way different.
@Ggping here is how he wired a similar Voltmeter. Hopefully this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
awesome! Thank you very much appreciated seriously!!!!

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
29 or so is about right! Running that is..each alternator does 14.5 or so...depending on battery condition and resistance in the battery cables are what you'll get.

Ggping

I would say batteries need replacing just based on age. They both work fine nothing odd there. Front battery charging at 14.07. And rear battery is at 14.77. Totaling 28.84. So gauge reads a bit high it’s telling me 29/30….hmmm. Gauge issue I’m thinking

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do I measure or where do I measure both alternators to get the output reading of both
Positive post on the back battery and negative on the front.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks