• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Voltmeter issues after changing belts

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya I’m not a wiring guy or and electrical guy. So this 24volt throws me. Ok so I’m getting 28.8. So gauge reads a little high no horrible
That adds up! I'd wait about 20 minutes after you start it to make sure the batteries are kinda recharged from starting it too. Typically I'll check the batteries in the morning before I start it to see where they are then start it and let it run and see where it lands...by tech the one alternator is a smidge low but that battery might not need the charge so it's not putting out more. I think it's set voltage should be 14.8 but I know depending on which regulator is in it is what you get so it's usually not a worry. Typically with older batteries I'll check the acid and water content and make sure it's correct then do a 2 day 10 amp charge on it to get it topped off...basically bringing it back.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Ggping

That adds up! I'd wait about 20 minutes after you start it to make sure the batteries are kinda recharged from starting it too. Typically I'll check the batteries in the morning before I start it to see where they are then start it and let it run and see where it lands...by tech the one alternator is a smidge low but that battery might not need the charge so it's not putting out more. I think it's set voltage should be 14.8 but I know depending on which regulator is in it is what you get so it's usually not a worry. Typically with older batteries I'll check the acid and water content and make sure it's correct then do a 2 day 10 amp charge on it to get it topped off...basically bringing it back.

ya I’m kind of a worry wort and try to get things to read or work properly so there is no question as to what working and what’s not. I probably should be replacing the batteries after I figure out where this coolant leak is coming from. I fear a water pump is in order and the possibility of a radiator. Thanks for your help!!

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get that! Now that you know your gage reads a few high, you know it's ok. I wonder if there's an adjustment knob in there to get it calibrated?? Coolant leaks are work...water pump is a good bit of tear down. I did one a few months ago. I used that high flow one, flowcooler, that was about 180$, but it's american made and flows a ton of coolant. The other aftermarket ones are mostly China stuff. There are nos ones out there too but they're decades old and didn't want to risk the possibility of a failure. Radiators can be tough since there aren't many real shops out there that fixes them anymore.

Ggping

I get that! Now that you know your gage reads a few high, you know it's ok. I wonder if there's an adjustment knob in there to get it calibrated?? Coolant leaks are work...water pump is a good bit of tear down. I did one a few months ago. I used that high flow one, flowcooler, that was about 180$, but it's american made and flows a ton of coolant. The other aftermarket ones are mostly China stuff. There are nos ones out there too but they're decades old and didn't want to risk the possibility of a failure. Radiators can be tough since there aren't many real shops out there that fixes them anymore.

Exactly..that’s what I’m running into. So trying to find a radiator that will work without too much changing. But I will save that for another post.

jplace1011

Exactly..that’s what I’m running into. So trying to find a radiator that will work without too much changing. But I will save that for another post.
@Ggping if you can have your current radiator re-cored. I’ve read time and time again that’s best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ggping

Ok so my batteries needed a little charge took it for a little cruse this morning. And I was surprised to see this.

Attachments

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok so my batteries needed a little charge took it for a little cruse this morning. And I was surprised to see this.
Oh geez..if you go by it showing high that's not good! Wonder if that gage is really off or you're not charging at all. Have you checked the battery with the voltmeter yet?

Ggping

Oh geez..if you go by it showing high that's not good! Wonder if that gage is really off or you're not charging at all. Have you checked the battery with the voltmeter yet?

Well I may have spoke to soon…as I was leaving the store it shot right back up to 29. Checked batteries again and still showing 14.07 on front battery and 14.77 on rear. 28.8 across both batteries

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks