• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Voltmeter Question

ssdvc

My voltmeter works fine, I assume. However, when I have my lights on, after driving about 1/2 mile or so (or about 2-3 minutes), the lighting in the gage goes out and I can't see it in the dark. Is this normal ? All other lighting (except my reverse lights) work as they should.

Thanks.

ssdvc

Just the voltmeter. It goes out shortly after I turn the lights on. Almost like it was on a timer. The gauge still functions, just no light.

allenhillview

volt light goes out

once this happened to me , check the wire out of the back of the bulb mine came loose from fixture so just fuse (solder) it back .

Last edited:

ssdvc

Sound advice and I will check that out. However, it is consistent every time I turn on the lights. Maybe it is heat related and when she heats up (the wires) it loosens the connection.