• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VPC (Vehicle Power Conditioner) for VIC-1

riderdan

Working on installing a VIC 1 in my M998. I see in the TM that there's supposed to be a VPC installed in the radio deck. A google search didn't return any useful results--I'd like to know this parts NSN (if it exists) and perhaps a source/alternative so I can get my system up and running.

TIA.

riderdan

Meh, bad google-fu last night. Apparently I need an MX-7777 or equivalent.

Is there any disadvantage to using a civilian 24v suppressor (aside from accuracy)?

123mack

The MX-7777 is to protect the vic-1 from power surges in tanks as well as other armored vehicles. You won't need it in a M-998.

chickenbutt

I just installed a VIC-1. Still need to put the final touches on it and the radio. I wanted a VIC-3 that would better match the time period of the RT-1523 radio, but I could not find any. Maybe someday.
I was also thinking about installing the MX-7777 conditioner, but I'm running out of room to put stuff. I want to put the commander's VIC-1 station mounted under the radio rack, which is where a MX-7777 would typically go.
It would also be nice to have the "Battle Override" switch just in case LOL.

IMG_4631.jpg