• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WA - Titling, EUC, and Retrieving

I know that there are several threads out there about this and I have read them but I need some clarification. My understanding is that in the state of Washington, you can buy a Deuce from GL, apply for and get a SF97, and you can go to the the DMV where they will give you a title in return for the complete SF97 and a fee. Is this correct? Also, I'm hearing for a first time applicant for an EUC that it takes about a month to go through. How much can I depend on this if I find the time necessary? Now if all of that turns out well, and since I intend to drive it back, what are the options for legally driving a Deuce home? I do know that I would not need a CDL, but since I most likely would not have the title yet for another few weeks can I still get it on the road somehow or would a trip permit work? If a trip permit would work, what information does that take and about how long does it take to get? Also, do you need the vehicle insured for driving with a trip permit? I am obviously new to the paperwork side of owning a Deuce and I would've asked the DMV already but I haven't had the time with Highschool coming back on.

Please provide only information specific to the state of WASHINGTON. Thank you!

zguinness

In LA it's almost impossible to get insurance on the larger trucks. I had to go through Gulfway and was able to get insurance and I haven't gotten back the SF97 to title the truck yet. You shouldn't need a title to insure the truck. You'll need the VIN (which you should be able to get from the GL listing) and some other basic info.

Do you mind elaborating on the other "basic info"? I'm guessing manufacturer, year, and other things but a problem is that the truck I'm going for is listed as "MFG or YR Unknown" and though a VIN is given, the data plate (which it is on of course) seems to be a reissue as no Mfr. is listed. Any ideas?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Simply give your insurance company the vin number and start an insurance policy.

zguinness

I had to give them year of manufacture and info like number of cylinders... stuff like that. Really basic.

Now I'm going from experience in LA which is one of the WORST states for insurance. I see a lot of people on this forum go through the big insurance companies like State Farm with no problem. Here they won't touch MV's. I have USAA which is a great company but they would only insure my 5 ton under a commercial policy for around $1400/year.

I went through Gulfway and they got me insured through Traveller's (who I called and was told "NO") for $253/year.

Your best bet is to call your insurance company and see what they say. I literally called every company I could think of and I believe if you call them 10 times you'll get 10 different answers. When you say "military vehicle" they have no idea what to do.

BUT you shouldn't need the title to get the truck insured.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howlin, in another thread you said you are very young. Please tell us what that is.

also if this turns into another insurance thread it will be closed and deleted.

I already know that my family's company has never touched military stuff so they are not an option. But, Hagerty quotes me for $261 a year with enough miles to be a daily driver.

Thanks for the information on that part of it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks