• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wad of questions bout deuces and what i want or need

Streetgliderx

i am looking at some deuces and wonder what everyone has done to the engine. what are some must haves like spin on filters? exhaust? turbo?

do these engines respond well to straight pipes? duals even?
if spin ons who has what and what likes dislikes do you have with the different setups?

if i buy one without a winch how hard is it to add one later?

what is the goin moneys for a rear axle if i buy one in 6x6 and bob it?.

do i need the lock out hubs like the other guys are getting?

what is the largest tire i can fit on a bobed deuce in dual and single formats?

has anyone cut the stock wheels and modified the back spacing when running a single wheel setup?

are there any reasons a total engine swap to a cummins or detroit or 3208 cat is not worth it or are these fairly strong engines with few real problems?(reason asking is i have one of each sittin around here)

sorry guys to ask so much but searches turn up very vauge answers.

thanks in advance for your time guys

scooter01922

well, i'll toss in what i can... Already has a straight pipe :) Not hard to add a winch, i hear its just a matter of bolting on the needed parts. You don't NEED lockouts but you could add them if you like. It looks like someone has already swapped in each of the engines you mention so it can be done. Its worth is really up to you, the stock multi works just fine for most it seems.

O boy you are going to keep me busy when you get up here with questions rofl ... J/K

rear axle worth maybe $200 there is a large supply of them not much demand.

lockouts thats up to you. depends if you wanta spend the money.

like scooter said they are already straight piped, multi-fuels have a turbo on them already

Adding a winch. About $1000 and some work to get one on... will take about a day to do it and make sure you get a COMPLETE setup to make life easier.

If you are gonna keep it as a personal truck i would suggest upgrading to the spin on filters, coolant filter, and other filter upgrades as it will help the engine life out majorly. i would suggest www.odiron.com for the filter upgrades due to better filtering and setup on the engines

395/85/20 or a G20 is the biggest really on a stock bobbed deuce i think you would want to go with. cause of the power and multi-fuel. you can go bigger but start to show a lose in power more on the drivetrain.

Far as cutting and modifying (sp) backspacing. it can be done just make sure you use a good lathe and set it up properly so you dont have so much run out you want the wheels to stay true. but the biggest concern with bigger tires is the stock rims width. its to narrow of a wheel for a 395 and bigger tires. biggest you want to safely go with a stock rim is 1100x20

Streetgliderx

yeah i had planned on runnin ya ragged when i came up!. i just kinda dove in this idea and its taking alittle time to soak up all the options i can go with.
and will 1100x20 run in a dual setup cause 1100 co-ops i had on my old chevy truck were not overly large in my opinion. but thats just me...395/85/20? in po-boy terms how tall and wide is that? and i reckont hat is in a single only setup..... yeah i got lots of questions and i got lots of ideas but i aint got no deuce!!