• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wait a minute, is that what I think it is???

BigjeepTX

I took the dash pad out last night so I could look at the unit and the were no numbers on my A/C kit. The switch stated "Made in USA" but no part number.
Mine also looked new and had not been on the CUCV for more than a couple years, but my Blazer had sat for a year before I bought it so it could be older.

I talked to the engineer at SCS and he will call me back when he gets a part number list. Said it may take awhile since that kit has not been made in several years.

I will post when I find something out, hoping there are still some NOS in the warehouse.

Mudstone

i stand corrected... am i understand correctly though that the CUCV-II and III were different body styles? i'm kinda confused apparently

41cl8m5

congrates on the find,
Now why have we not herd from the MV pruist yet. They would tell you that the CUCV did not come with A/C and should stay that way. Also that A/C is for wimps and old guys. Wait a minute.....according to my drivers license I'm a old guy.:-D

BigjeepTX

Sorry its been busy today and with the sadness at FT Hood its been a long day.

The SCS rep finally called me back they are no longer making the kit and do not have any. So thats out. He did give me a company called Red Dot Corporation and stated they might have been the ones who built the kits you found on the internet. Evidently they had or have a contract with the .gov for A/C kits.

Sorry I couldnt help more but at least I have A/C in my CUCV. :-D Just checked I am an old guy also.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
congrates on the find,
Now why have we not herd from the MV pruist yet. They would tell you that the CUCV did not come with A/C and should stay that way. Also that A/C is for wimps and old guys. Wait a minute.....according to my drivers license I'm a old guy.:-D
Well I'm old enough to fart dust when I pass gas and I want A/C, especially in South Louisiana.

Although I do work with some guys that always say: "never trust a fart". I always tell them "TMI"!! rofl

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry its been busy today and with the sadness at FT Hood its been a long day.

The SCS rep finally called me back they are no longer making the kit and do not have any. So thats out. He did give me a company called Red Dot Corporation and stated they might have been the ones who built the kits you found on the internet. Evidently they had or have a contract with the .gov for A/C kits.

Sorry I couldnt help more but at least I have A/C in my CUCV. :-D Just checked I am an old guy also.
Thanks for the info BigJeep. Too bad they no longer make the kits, it does look easier than the others to install.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks