• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wait Light Stays On

nocash247

Got a new glow plug card and put it in my M1008 today. Now it starts perfectly but the wait light stays on. I turned the truck off afraid the glow plugs would crack. KOEO the light will stay on for 30 seconds before I turn it off but it will start in the first 10 seconds no problems. Did I get a bad card?

nocash247

does the light go off before you start it? or are you starting it with the light on?
Start it with the light on after waiting 30 seconds. I didn't want to wait anymore fearing the glowplugs would start to swell soon. Does the system just take that long to work or should I keep waiting?

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Wait light is turned on by it's own transistor from the glow plug card.
The glow plug relay is turned on by a seperate transistor.

Check to see if the glow plug relay is closed the entire time the Wait light is on.

Either way, it sounds as if you have a defective card.
Karl

Jerryparentii

Start it with the light on after waiting 30 seconds. I didn't want to wait anymore fearing the glowplugs would start to swell soon. Does the system just take that long to work or should I keep waiting?
Did you ever find anything out on this. I changed my solenoid and now my light stays on but like you I stopped waiting too and started it. Any info will be awesome.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks