• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wait to drive - how long ?

Iceman3005

It burned about 1.25 gallons for 8 hrs. I keep for thorough records on my fuel so I was able to keep very close track of it.

SGT Estum

I am always running late and have no patience for waiting on one to warm up, so you will see me creeping down the street, waiting for the fast idle to kick off.
rofl
Too funny... I thought I was the only one who did this.
In the summer time, I start it up, put it in drive and idle down the street until the advance kicks off. It usually takes three blocks or so. The kids down the street like to stand there and give me funny looks as I creep by.

bill2444

Most diesels should be idled up slightly ( a deuce is around 1100 rpm ) and let them run all month if you want to. The increase in idle helps bring engine temp up a little and prevents piston wash. Thats what i've been taught, but the deuce is also the smallest diesel that i operate. Oh and if i ever drove off with cold motor i would be publicly flogged and banned from the equipment yard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks