• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wait to start light blinking

Dayron84

Just wrapping up another project tonight and noticed that the wait to start light was blinking. This was hit or miss...I’ve started it several times since and it will stay on as usual sometimes and blink sometimes. I did a few searches and it looks like either faulty glow plugs or controller. I know that glow plugs were recently replaced by PO so I guess I should be looking at controller. Where is this controller?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is on the water cross over tube. Looks like a large traditional civy temperature sending unit. It needs to be matched to your control box.

Dayron84

Oddly enough everything is working fine this morning. Cycled glow plugs several times and light stays on as it should. This did happen yesterday after I did some pressure washing and degreasing so I wonder if that could could of caused this. All seems okay now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DREDnot

Mine has done the blinky hard start on three occasions. After an episode, its fine for a few months and is perfectly fine and fast starting.
I have the old Nartron yellow label EESS

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks