• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wait to start light has not lit since install of new KDS S3 box

theairguy

So my old nartron box was acting up, had to have a small tap to get it to charge and for the fans to come on. I bought a new box and sensor from black dog. I installed it with new bolts, new battery terminals, batteries at 12.8 bolts each. Cleaned all connections starts like a champ. Now it has been sitting over night. Turn to run. No wait light. I wait for a few seconds anyway. Starts right up. Wait light came on some times with the last box. I think it flickered once since the new install. Is this normal operation?

theairguy

Have you checked the lamp itself?
Well I have not, It was coming on with the old box most of the time.. It does one flicker with the new box now. I am going to change the glow plugs and make sure the new sensor is good, I am going to change to the old sensor just to see what happens.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I have not, It was coming on with the old box most of the time.. It does one flicker with the new box now. I am going to change the glow plugs and make sure the new sensor is good, I am going to change to the old sensor just to see what happens.
As RWH said you should check your glow plugs and find out if any of them are bad, just throwing parts at a problem is not an effective maintenance/repair program.