• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Waking a MV from a deeeeeep sleep...

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
neil2007 said:
Yes... One of the local fire departments added the extra top tank. It was obviously something that was fabbed up on-site. (Left a little to be desired as far as quality.)
I was looking at it the other day and it is not mounted down or plumbed into anything now. I could lift it up off the bed without anything restricting it's movement. Most of the piping is gone from between the tanks too. I need to do some more looking, but it almost looks like th whole thing had been disabled by removing sections of the piping. Is this a common practice for county agencies to do when they sell old equipment?
It may be that they added a foam concentrate tank at some point. Is there any brownish/black stinky residue in there? The add-on may not have performed satisfactory or they had problems with gumming up lines and just removed the lines, so an inexperienced operator would not be able to feed foam into the system by mistake.

I second the primer pump for what the purpose of the 24V motor is. It evacuates air from the pump and/or the attached suction hose, thereby bringing water into the pump (priming). The centrifugal fire pumps are not self priming.

FrankUSMC

Neil
I spent most of my time in the Marines as a Crash Crewman. The first truck I got my licence on was the M530C. I have a 1972 M530C, and two WWII FFN-3 crash trucks (M3-4, International, 1 1/2 ton, 4x4 with winch).
Good news is I have some extra M530 stuff....bad news is I am in the middle of a move to a new house. After things slow down for me, I should be able to help you on the fire fighting part of the truck.
I just remembered, I also have a couple of very good photos of the M530B in Viet Nam.
Good luck on her.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

neil2007

FrankUSMC said:
Neil
I spent most of my time in the Marines as a Crash Crewman. The first truck I got my licence on was the M530C. I have a 1972 M530C, and two WWII FFN-3 crash trucks (M3-4, International, 1 1/2 ton, 4x4 with winch).
Good news is I have some extra M530 stuff....bad news is I am in the middle of a move to a new house. After things slow down for me, I should be able to help you on the fire fighting part of the truck.
I just remembered, I also have a couple of very good photos of the M530B in Viet Nam.
Good luck on her.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.
Frank,

I would love to see those photos. I'm going to try to compile as much info as I can in one spot that deals with the 530's and set it up as a public accessible website for all of our fellow Steel Soldiers Members and enthusiasts to use. I'm in the process of trying to figure out a good domain name to register it as. (If anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear them.)

I'd also love any info you can provide me on the truck and how to use it too... I'm completely new to MV's and have very little experience with Fire Equipment of any kind. SO this should prove to be a fun learning experience as well as a wicked project!

Hope everything goes well on the move!

Neil

530c6x6

530 firetruck

hello Neil

I have a 530C firtruck restored . I just had it at a muster last weekend and took 2nd best 1970s privately owned fire truck at draft. If you are familiar with the LOGSA website your 530b manuals are online free download. Just search for pumper in the name line. If you need help let me know.

Jeff

n1vbn

Re: RE: Waking a MV from a deeeeeep sleep...

neil2007 said:
FreightTrain said:
Here are some pics as she sat when I went to pick it up...

I couldn't get them to go as an attachment, so here they are
on my website for you to look at ...

http://www.letsgettwisted.com/garage/530B/DSC02113.jpg
http://www.letsgettwisted.com/garage/530B/DSC02126.jpg
http://www.letsgettwisted.com/garage/530B/DSC02127.jpg

They are large files, so please be patient....

Here Neil,

Here I included resized photos your new to you MV.

Go to old version.com and download the ACDSee v 3.1 It is no longer supported by ACDSee but the way I use it is open windows Explorer and put the cursor on the file you want to modify/view and right click it and open it with "view with ACDSee" and it works fine in all other respects. I used this program as explained to resize your photo's.

Jim

Enjoy!

Neil

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks