• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Walkaround Check Saves MV

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Walk around Save

While plowin' snow this winter we wore a hole in an oil line coming out of the top of the oil filter plate, with the gear selector linkage. ......R...N...D...N...R....N...D...

We never saw it coming.

It's a potential "wear point" for everyone with this set up and should be checked to be sure no one else ends up with a potential oil drop 'motor loss'.

The photos show the 'area in question' and it's obvious enough that a more efficient 'walk around' is required under the hood. We should have noticed this but the selector linkage appeared clear until dropped in drive.....which I don't do enough while my head is under the hood.

So check the line and linkage area to be sure they're good.

If I hadn't done a walk around.........

This girl sits in a shop and the floor is....has so far been ....clean and dry.
There was no indication of leaks prior to taking a lease clearing job an hour from home.....in the bush......

I jumped out of the truck an hour into the push and followed the fine habit of looking underneath. The first few drops of the 'obvious leak' lay glistening in the white snow.

After a quick shut down , problem ID and level check we nursed the 1010 to another SS members ranch that just happened to be a few miles away.

Super Dave pulled off the line and overnight it was patched. I wish I had photos of the repair because it was perfect.

This was a 'walk around save' and another learning experience which I'm sure, will not be the last.
Walk around tip #1 Check oil lines for wear.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks