• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Walmart bundle stereo packages??

andytk5

Keeping in mind this is for a beach wagon cookout mobile that will get hosed out...

Anybody used those bundle packs from walmart or other palces that are about $100 and have four speakers and a head unit with a remote? Here is a pyle version I am looking at for the M1009.

Walmart.com: Pyle Marine CD/USB/MP3 Receiver Combo 4-Speaker/Stereo Cover, Black: Auto Electronics

I can see using this with the gate flipped down and cooking out on the beach using the remote. Plus the marine aspect is nice.

PaulOctane

I was thinking of getting a marine blazer in my M1009 when I get it (It already has a stereo, but it's not too great), but I'd be suspicious of that crazy low price in your link. Just my head unit in my Buick (JVC KD-R600) cost that much IIRC, and good marine speakers will cost at least $30 a piece. I'm just thinking that quality will be an issue with a price that low.

Take a look a Crutchfield's marine section. Crutchfield is where I bought my JVC from and they have amazing customer service if you ever need it.

quickfarms

Be cautious of the low price

Crutchfield is a great outfit, good advice, they also give you the instructions and have the small parts so that it will just drop in without butchering the factory wiring

Skinny

Amazon.com is your friend, being able to see customer feedback really helps when purchasing "questionable" electronics.

Unless you need a full head unit, I'm a big fan of just using an amp stashed under the seat somewhere running to my iPod. Everything is hidden and the most expensive piece stays with me when I get out of the truck.

allenhillview

Amazon.com is your friend, being able to see customer feedback really helps when purchasing "questionable" electronics.

Unless you need a full head unit, I'm a big fan of just using an amp stashed under the seat somewhere running to my iPod. Everything is hidden and the most expensive piece stays with me when I get out of the truck.
not to hi jack sorry ahead of time
Tell me more on how this works(amp to ipod), if you have details, I,m thinking in this direction also.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks