• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want Opinions About Interior Paint

Atten

Hey folks,

I would like to repaint the interior of the box on my M109. The paint is scratched and chipped and generally not in good shape.

It is currently seafoam green. I kind of would like to keep it original, but the seafoam color is ugly ugly ugly. I was thinking about a desert tan, but I don't really know what would look good. What color would you paint it?

I'm also wondering about what kind of paint to use. It is interior paint so I don't think CARC or other especially weather proof paints would be nessesary. I have searched around but haven't found much info on interior paint, but I apologize if this has been answered before.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seafoam green actually is very good at lighting up a dark area and thats why the mil uses it. White would be an alternative. Really need to factor in the use before deciding the color.

littlebob

Seafoam green actually is very good at lighting up a dark area and thats why the mil uses it. White would be an alternative. Really need to factor in the use before deciding the color.
I would have to agree with Recovery on the seafoam or a light color that would reflect light well. If you want to keep it original go with the seafoam or if not find a
very light color that will reflect light well.

m109guy

I repainted mine grey. Works well and is more than bright enough.

383 green would be too dark for the inside of the truck.

Last edited:

Big CASE

Whatever you paint it, paint it to match the outside paint. Standard 383 green is a good color.
:ditto:I have to say this is what i would do , that way you only have to buy one type of paint , you know you are going to need it later on , and it will all mach up the right way ... my 2cents

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The back of an M109 with all the blackout shades in place is near absolute darkness. I'm not sure that it would be practical to light that area if it was painted that dark of a color. It gets pretty dark here and if I'm not careful, I'll run into one of my deuces walking across the yard, especially the SECM Dodge.

Green_gator

I am repainting the interior of mine in desert sand. You will see the boxes come out of service with all kinds of interior colors. I have seen sea foam green, white, White upper and sea foam lower, sand, grey and even a few with the interior painted black. Go with a color that works for what you are doing with the truck. I am using a home depot flat enamel that was not a whole lot of money.