• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want to buy T-55, any for sale in USA?

ke5eua

Lots of tanks with dozer blade attachments out there. T72, T55, Chieftain and others I've seen. Not sure whether they are any better or worse than an actual dozer. Probably having more weight would help so who knows....I don't think you'd screw up a tank with a dozer blade. Might help clear a minefield as well.

Frank
We put mine rollers on the m1a2sep's my second deployment.

Augdog1964

I run tanks, and I run dozers (I own a D5M Cat), there would be no comparison to a real dozer and a tank. Sure a tank would knock over a tree (depending on size and speed of tank) but dozer blades on tanks were made to make entrenchment / firing berms only... not used to do real leveling or construction type work.

A dozer is able to angle the blade, rotate the blade, and has a lot more up and down control...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I second Dave's opinion on tanks vs dozers.

Fun - tank wins
To actually do anything worthwhile with a blade - dozer wins hands down

Never driven a tank but I have a lot of seat time in a dozer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks