• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want water tank trailer/buffalo

WarCloud

Looking for a water buffalo. I'm located in Northern Colorado near the Wyoming border, out on an 80 acre ranch in the foothills. Need a back up system to bring in water in the event of drought, well pump failure, or unforseen need for water. I have onsite reverse osmosis filtration with UV purifier, so absolute cleanliness of tank is not a requirement, though I will likely do all i can to clean it as well as possible. I have the ability to process dirty water into potable drinking water, just need the means to bring it onsite.

So far no luck finding one within reasonable distance on GL, and I've been looking for years.

Any MV owner in Colorado or Wyoming with a decent water trailer they'd like to sell, contact me through the forum or Email me roberts@darkstarprods.com

alexace

I was thinking about the trailer+tank combo, but what would be a good tank to use? It would have biodiesel in it and used at a construction site. We already have a water buffalo that we put biodiesel in and it works great but the m105 and tank looks cheaper.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a buffalo but am too far from you to help. However, I am setting up a systen to pull water from a local stream and use it, verses my well, to water my garden and flower beds should we enter into a drought. I am going to put 2 IBC's (275 gallon bulk chemical containers on an aluminum skid) in the back of my deuce, and use a 1" diaphram pump to fill them, using air from the compressor. Once filled I will use the pump to water the gargen and the flower bed. Now you ask why not use the buffalo. I hate having to back down my 400' driveway with a trailer on the back of my truck. That is work!!!

IBC's can be found at most food provcessors and even on Craigslist.

rideni

in maryland you have to have a non-commercial license(or CDL) with tanker endorsement to haul a tank of 119 gallons or more permanently mounted or a portable tank rated at 1000 gallons or more. Not that I care(or always follow it myself) but they are the facts

wiggall

I have picked up several M200A1 trailer chassis' from GL for under $200.00. Thin go to a propane co. and ask about a scrapped 500 gal. propane tank. You will not be able to presserize it. I got one for $50.00:!:

I found a 1967 m131a5c 5000 gal fuel tanker it has been already set up to hual water .I will use it to water the grass and trees so I won't have to use city water with a pump load the tanker I should have less then $2000 in it .

wiggall

I found a 1967 m131a5c 5000 gal fuel tanker it has been already set up to hual water .I will use it to water the grass and trees so I won't have to use city water with a pump load the tanker I should have less then $2000 in it .
Remember THAT WATER WEIGHS MORE THAN FUEL:!:

I plan to hual the water in the evenings and I should only need a few loads a month . now I spend about $220 a month on water .

WarCloud

Found a buffalo in Missouri for $500.
Now I'm negotiating transport on a lowboy out here to Colorado. I can't do 1400 miles round trip in my Deuce! Price on the trailer is great. Getting it here? We'll see.

Deal isn't sealed yet, so anyone sees one closer to Colorado, don't hesitate.