• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wanted m1009 input

bryab123

ok to get started i have a 1985 m1008. the m1008 it too much of a hoss for what i use it for 75% just daily driving and 25% work truck. i was thinking about finding a m1009 since i use it mainly just for transportation. my 1008 gets about 16mpg. what does a stock 1009 get? it has to be better than the 1008 because of the gearing. any comments on the 1009 as daily driver and or fuel economy would be great!

thanks , Bryan

maritimer

asa dd its not to bad, if your ligth on the pedal and keep it in good shape you can expect around 20mpg roughly, open the exhaust up a bit i found i get jsut a bit more mpg till i get into it lol

Bobert

Well I can tell you that my m1009 has never (under no circumstances) achieved over 17 mpg. That was one time. 90% of the time it got 16mpg.

With 33s it gets 13-15mpg. Now that diesel is $1.95 i sure wish i could drive it more. Since you are familiar with the mechanical stuff, I'm sure it would be great.

It works out good as a daily driver if you are like me and like to keep junk in the back, though not as accessible as a pickup.

Some guys can get 20mpg out of theres but I'll let them tell you about that. Mine might need a little work to get up to there.

HardCorps79

When I picked mine up from GL, on the 200 mile drive home I got about 17mpgs. Changed the oil/filter, air filter and fuel filter, and added about 8 oz of diesel kleen to the tank. This past weekend on a 2-hour highway drive I got just over 20mpg. It's great for a daily driver as long as you don't jackrabbit the starts, and coast into the stop lights. Getting about 17mpg in town.