• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wanted: opinions on our custom mirrors

197thhhc

We have come up with a simple yet heavyduty mirror and mount. We are thinking about putting these into production in a complete kit form. We mounted this set up on our test mule.

We have taken them down the interstate and they dont vibrate because of the very heavy duty top bracket.

We will mount a set up on the truck we are bobbing next and test how they fit around a stock exhaust stack.

I think they look so much better than the stock units and I want to know what you guys think. The opinions of the people on this site mean more to us than anyone else. So please let us know what you think.

Here is the link to the pics. YouTube - R.C.T. M35A2 Mirror Mounts

RealCavDog

Those are pretty clean . How well do ya'll think that twisted mounting point will do long term with vibration ? They dang sure look pretty beefy to me !

At .22 seconds, my only thought was the sharp inner radius on the bottom side of the upper bracket by the mounting point ? Looks to be solid material, and all my experience with O.T.R. trucks makes me look for vibration stress points. Other than that minor question, the rest is ultra clean !

I like the whole look !

And the music overlay works great too ! [thumbzup]

Last edited:

ODdave

look good but from experience the large fixed mount style do not fair well in the woods. I like them a he11 of a lot beter than the ugly cali mirrors.

Last edited:

197thhhc

Those are pretty clean . How well do ya'll think that twisted mounting point will do long term with vibration ? They dang sure look pretty beefy to me !

At .22 seconds, my only thought was the sharp inner radius on the bottom side of the upper bracket by the mounting point ? Looks to be solid material, and all my experience with O.T.R. trucks makes me look for vibration stress points. Other than that minor question, the rest is ultra clean !

I like the whole look !

And the music overlay works great too ! [thumbzup]
Thank CavDog. We have been running them for a couple weeks in daily driving and so far so good. We really want to test them completely.

197thhhc

look good but from experience the large fixed mount style do not fair well in the woods. I like them a he11 of a lot beter than the ugly cali mirrors.
You are right about the woods. thats one reason we made these. We like to go to Haspin and other places. You can take these off in less than 5 minutes and when you put them back on they are still adjusted.[thumbzup]

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job looks clean but a little far out there. I like short and sweet brackets and would be nice if they folded in. As long as I can see my rear tires Im good.

BigHank

[thumbzup]Those are beefy looking. Probably not something I would run out and buy, but if I bought a truck with them I probably couldn't justify replacing them either.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking pieces!

Being more than a little thrifty, I usually run whatever came on the truck. However from experience I must say that a design that does not need to be unbolted to be secured for woods (or jungle!) driving is optimal. What I think would be optimal is a system that can be easily folded out of the way, without blocking the driving vision while in the stowed position.

Rick

PropDr

Yeah they look clean. I think you need to put a third strut rod on them so they are fully triangulated. At least on the passenger side, that is the one that usually gets nailed by low hanging trees on the side of the road. Personally I like the west coast setups.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job looks clean but a little far out there. I like short and sweet brackets and would be nice if they folded in. As long as I can see my rear tires Im good.
If you like to see your tires you won't like those mirrors . I got a set on a 75 ford f-250 4x4 and you cant see the tires worth a s*** on a pick-up with them . The stick on round mirror will do more for seeing the tires than the mirror itself .

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are pretty sweet looking . . . me, I like that when my mirror folds in what's left is the same width as the truck bed.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks