• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wanted... pics of rear bumper tyre mounts?

HOWEY

Howdy troops, looking for pics of rear bumber tyre mounts so i can fabricate one from scratch for my m1009, need some inspiration please:)

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I don't think mine qualifies. It's inside. And I carry TWO spares, but here ya go...

View attachment 225815

For the drivers side mount, I took a spare mount, cut it in four places and rotated them until they were where I wanted them. Then welded them back together. Works great. Looks factory.

Rich Johnson

Look for the newer HMMWV bumper tire mount. They have been on the surplus market here and there. They have a nice crank unit on a long scew shaft and it lowers the wheel to to the ground. Adaptable to a truck bumper with a little fabrication.

rnd-motorsports

Yes I would brace the stock bumper you have to mount the trailer spindle on the outside edge under the tail light in order to open the tail gate and the stock bumper would have a lot of twist there without some sort of brace! Yes bed liner is the ticket pic was before that step.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks