• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wanting to put 11.00R20's on an M-275 stude !

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you brought it up, what happened to Otto and his trucks??? The phone # is now bad. This is definately not his truck. His is white with rigged flatbed and VERY RUSTY! I would head back up there if I knew he'd be there.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dunno Jim, haven't heard anything about or from him. It's not his truck for sure. Maybe DD will pipe up, he keeps up.

shadow

This is probably the truck still sitting at Otto Baileys spread in Tracy City TN. There aren't too many M275 gassers around and I know of only 3. My old one was a 52, there is one guy on here that has one (name escapes me at the second) and Otto's truck. If pics are posted, I'd bet they are at Ottos
:jumpin: I have a 53 Reo :D

I have a dumb question, how to you know if the engine is a 331 REO? Was there just one size gasser or were there different sizes?

PS) I didn't think 1100-20's would fit.??

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats it, now I remember who had the other gasser. All the gassers were 331 CI. Most were built by REO and were classified the OA331. Continental also was contracted to build some and were classified the COA331 IIRC. They were completely interchangeable

russ81

I have a `59 Reo Gasser.
I've completed the "bob," the 16-20 tires are are getting mounted right now, and a wrecked dump truck will hit the yard next week giving me a rebuilt motor, power steering, and AC.