• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Warn 6000 lb 24 volt Electric Winch

tstephenson

Hey Guys,
New member here, first post, I am trying to restore an old military winch marked part number 27270. It is a 6000lb 24 volt warn model with a Series wound motor marked M15617. It has 4 selonoids and some kind of circut card that I assume is a limit cutout device. The whole thing is water proofed with the spray on stuff. Here is the deal, It does not have the remote swith with it and it only operates in reverse when conected. How can I test the switches/circut card/ motor? Any help would be appreciated, electircal drawing would be real neat. Would anyone have a remote they might part with? three wire.
Thanks,
Tim

Attachments

MikeON

I use that same winch for loading logs onto my deuce (with ramps) and other general purposes. It is on a receiver hitch mount so it can be attached on the back, in the bed, or where ever desired.
I also didn't have a remote, and got a Milemarker wireless remote 7505 off ebay. It will work with 24 volt. The wiring is obviously temporary in the pictures. The remote receiver is dangling on the upper left of the tailgate, and I was in the cab with the transmitter.
The pictures were taken when I first tested it, and it pulled the deuce 50' up the hill shown, then back down, then back up again single line without tiring or overheating.

These two TMs have useful information on this winch.
TM 9-2320-280-34
TM 9-2320-280-20-3

Attachments

mangus580

Its a standard WARN winch. They should be able to provide you with the info you need. I know I have pulled the schematic from their site before, for mine.

tstephenson

Hey Guys thanks for the help on this first winch project. I got the wiring diagram from Warn and new selonods from DB electric, had to re wire the thing but now it works great. DB Electric sujested I put 2 24 volt selonods on it rather than the 4 12 volts that it came with. He said the 12 volts tend to carbon up relatively soon. He sent me a new wiring diagram and I followed it and behold the thing fired up and now works fine. Some day I hope to get a real winch but for now at least I have this one on board.
Thanks Again,
Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks