• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Warning Lights - Oil and Temp. HOW TO TEST SENSORS?

MuddWeiser

M1009. Lights come on (key on engine off) as normal. Since I have the motor torn apart waiting on Injection Pump rebuild - is there an easy way to test the sending units for these lights?

I KNOW I have had this thing overheat before... Was blowing black smoke for 20 minutes up a 4,000 mile increase in elevation... I thought for SURE that light would of come on...

While I try to pay attention to smoke and engine load to protect from EGT - it would also be nice to KNOW that my light is working to give me that extra "reminder" .... Especially since I daily drive around 7k - 7500 ft elevation.

ALSO - Where are these sensors located???

Last edited:

rnd-motorsports

The temp sender for the warning lite is one the driver side front corner. its a sender that is a grounding switch if you will when the temp reaches about 225/250 best bet for the cost just replace it also the oil sender is on the backside of the block on top driver side of the vac pump again no real test a grounding swicth at I think about 5 psi or so if you think its bad replace. Just so you know the sender on pass side rear is the glow plug temp sender. I dont like the lites I install gauges in all my cars/trucks I like to see what temp and pres is at a glance 2cents

MuddWeiser

RND-MS, THANKS FOR THAT...

Westech, I know I could probably spend the 30 minutes pulling up the TM and tracing it out -- but there are so many 1009 owners on here that sometimes it's better to ask, . chances are someone has dealt with this already and knows exactly what the issues are...

For Example: heater blower motor troubles... Does the TM reference the fact that the blower motor switch is prone to melting? NO. But chances are your switch is melted :) I just use that as an example of something I fixed a few weeks ago thanks to a few topics here.

I know what you mean by it turning into a chilton manual; BUT I don't see anything wrong with that and I value the information I receive and find on here. There are still plenty of other topics that aren't maintenance related.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks