• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Was broke down just north of Knoxville TN. m923a2 need air pump !!

auctionaddict

Hard to read a TM on the side of the highway 6 inches from passing traffic with a POS smart phone.
Thought I would ask here for some quick knowledge, Sorry

Just because you don't know what your doing is no reason to act impulsively or take random actions.

Why not troubleshoot as outlined in the TM?

auctionaddict

Got it fixed !!
Left here at 3am for the 2 1/2 hr drive to help him..
We were only 10 miles from Cummins dealer in Knoxville,
The guy that bought my truck decided to buy a new pump they had in stock for 1300 bucks !
We put it on and he was back on the road !
He will repair his old one and keep as a spare

Thanks guys !!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was kinda thinking you could read it to him, or download it and take it with you.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought I would ask here for some quick knowledge, Sorry
Why would you apologize?

Or are you being sarcastic?

I was trying to be helpful. (I did find the correct TM and chapter and post it for you)

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All TM's should be printed, or stored on computer, IPAD or other device to allow for troubleshooting. I hate opening the TM's, but once you get into them it is like a good wine that only gets better with time. My problem is that once you read one section, you find another section that you realize you need to start digging into that one.

Personally I figure it takes 10+ hours in the TM's as a new person to start to feel comfortable which TM offers what information and how to read the TM and understand the way the information was laid out. If you can get over that first 10 hours you are golden :0

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BUT, Swiss...

If he had just printed the following pages of the TM(I posted a picture) the trouble shooting could have been done in less than 30 minutes.

twinturb089

Got it fixed !!
Left here at 3am for the 2 1/2 hr drive to help him..
We were only 10 miles from Cummins dealer in Knoxville,
The guy that bought my truck decided to buy a new pump they had in stock for 1300 bucks !
We put it on and he was back on the road !
He will repair his old one and keep as a spare

Thanks guys !!!
****!!!!! 1300 BUCKS . let me know how you make out when you take the compressor head off and find the 4 dollar gasket brittle and falling apart.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BUT, Swiss...

If he had just printed the following pages of the TM(I posted a picture) the trouble shooting could have been done in less than 30 minutes.

DH as usual you went above and beyond to help a fellow member :)

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doesn't the "code of ethics" say somewhere that you're supposed to take the sections of manual and parts with you for the components that will fail on each trip.:grin:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Doesn't the "code of ethics" say somewhere that you're supposed to take the sections of manual and parts with you for the components that will fail on each trip.:grin:
Yes... But you have to consult CARNAC prior to mission start so you know what parts will fail...so you know what manual sections to print out/bring along.:naner:

zout

I have no idea why you folks let your physic ability lapse letting you all forsee problems you have coming to you in the future. I do have a 1-900 # you can call if your so cheap not to cover yourself or let your TM's capabilities lapse.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no idea why you folks let your physic ability lapse letting you all forsee problems you have coming to you in the future. I do have a 1-900 # you can call if your so cheap not to cover yourself or let your TM's capabilities lapse.
Everytime I call the 900 number I always get you answering the phone, wierd I am not sure you gave me the right number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks