• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Was broken down on the road. M936A2 front tire blowout

sweetk30

was going along in our m936A2 wrecker today to help fish out a backhoe up to its doors in mud . . . he couldn't open them he was in so deep .

40ish mph down the highway and BOOM Left front rear tire shreaded . it was a older mich XL 14.00x20 super single that was its original spare that someone swapped on it before we got it . the rest of the truck is g/y at-2a tires in real nice looking shape.

I got a line on a good used tire/rim combo $300 bucks . but he said It should be taken apart and change the o-ring since its had no air in it for a bit in storage .

what would you do for a tire ? grab his and just bolt it on or swap the o-ring . he said he has O-rings also .

and there is a broken hose on top of the axle with a brass fitting . goes in to a block that's bolted on the top of the axle and I think its the ctis hose maybe ? its a flexable rubber hose with a 45* or 90* bent fitting on it . maybe 3/8 or 1/2" fitting . will ge pics when we get it back to the shop . there was no air coming out of it when the truck was still running and the rest of the tires were up . the ctis box was flashing all mode lights .

I know with no pics its had to help but will try asap to get them up .

I did manage to limp it off the highway to a empty parking lot and hide it from basic line of sight tho .

any tips or tricks to get me rolling again would be super thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just disable the ctis for now. You can try to air that tire up and see if it will hold air to get you home. Or you can use slime to get the oring to seal if its a major leak. Or just replace the oring if he has the correct one for it. Does not take too long.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

sweetk30

the boss got it chained up / block of wood wedged on the back of the walking beam . putting threw town she made it back to the shop .

will get pics posted of hose fitting later tonight .

called ken at kublos surpluss in brackney , pa . he is 1.25 hr from me and he said he has me covered on tires and even the g/y at-2a to match the other 5 tires. boss said were getting 2 so this shouldn't happen again .

sweetk30

here is whats left of a 14.00x20 mich xl tire after 1.2 miles at 5mph limp off the road . she was already coming apart in the mirror when i heard it go . she didnt even realy pull at all .

and here is the view of the broken fitting top of axle down . what part # or name should i be looking for ?

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
TM 9-2320-272-24P-2

Figure 618

Axle Pipe Adapter
1011-8-12B is a parker number but it wont roll over. Be easier to take one of the other ones off and go match it up.

sweetk30

cool .

we have a hydro hose shop in town with LOTS of fittings and wierd stuff . . . . thanks to all that natural gas drilling in the north east last few years .

if i get a good part # i will post her up for all .

sweetk30

made it down to ken kublos place today . he had a lot to pic from . I grabbed 2 of them and we aired them up to test for any leaks we might have missed on visual check . all good . he also had new o-rings in stock .

always like walking around his place down there . goodys hiding in plain sight .

if you stop down ask to see his piston he has . . . . . . :whistle:

sweetk30

rear axle air line hose to axle fitting is eaton 48x12 part# .

this is the brass pipe thread to jic style hose .

truck is back in service if and when we need it now .

i have the old tire/rim at my house trying to get the bottom half of the rim off the shreaded tire . . . will be making a nice fire ring/grill out of it .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks