• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Washer fluid quick lock screw???

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Help please, I broke the little plastic piece during removal and want to find a replacement. Been searching for this little......whatever its called on the web and can't find the proper search term for it, it would be nice if Mcmaster had something close to it. What is the proper name for it? I've ran out of names to call it.
Quick lock1.jpgQuick lock2.jpg

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the term I couldn't remember! Thank you! Did a quick search and it got me a little closer but not quite there yet.
Thank you!

In mechanical engineering, that general family of fasteners is often refereed to as "quarter turn fasteners". In the electrical world, I have seen them referred to as "quick-access panel fasteners". On aircraft they are often called Dzus fasteners, but I believe Dzus is a brand and not necessarily a type.

Michael

sargentwolf

This is the screw that holds the panel shut right?

I removed mine, much easier to service it and it stays shut.

I'll see if I can find it, if so, it's yours.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for everyones help. My impatience got the best of me. It took 30 minutes on the lathe to make two new ones out of black Delrin.
Camloc bushing1.jpgCamloc bushing2.jpgwasherfluid finished.jpg
I should have done this in the beginning and it would have saved me all the time researching and writing this post. Lesson learned!
Here is a picture of the step all painted then rhino lined.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Thanks for everyones help. My impatience got the best of me. It took 30 minutes on the lathe to make two new ones out of black Delrin.
View attachment 638179View attachment 638180View attachment 638181
I should have done this in the beginning and it would have saved me all the time researching and writing this post. Lesson learned!
Here is a picture of the step all painted then rhino lined.
hmmm.... not sure what is up here..... this site seems to be eating folks images. Unfortunately, yours are victims too.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats happened to me before so I reduced the size of the photos and its still happening. Oh well. I reloaded them hopefully that works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks