• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Washing the deuce?

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So my truck has a practically new paint job, and I think its CARC. I tried washing it with a wet towel and it just started shredding the towel. What is the best and safest way to wash these? Power washer and some car soap?

nattieleather

RE: Washing the duece?

A medium to soft nylon bristled brush on a pole, a bucket of soap and water. Power washer is ok as long as you have a fan spray nozzle.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial

Power washer for me. Just don't get too close. A little bit of elbow grease with a brush is useful for the nasty areas too. Just be careful as some paint loser then other paint. Start mild and work harder if it works ok. I find that starter fluid works well to clean up spills around the fuel tank.

Barrman

You wash your truck? Hmm, never thought of that.

Actually, I just did my once yearly wash of the M715 last weekend. Parade season is coming up. It will get washed again next April whether it needs it or not. The Gasser will probably have the same schedule once it is done.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

A very good tip my father gave to me, from his days in the Army……….

He said they would take a bulldozer into a stream, make it wide enough for the Deuces, then drive in and using a water pump, spray the trucks down with hoses and use brooms to clean them.

Obviously for most of us, you should leave out the whole "stream/bulldozer" thing.

I clean mine with soapy water and a couple brooms and it works very well.

Also beware a high pressure washer can leave marks in CARC………...

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor

I have this very nice lady wash mine and she's available to all of us. Just dial 1-800-MOTHER-NATURE.

CanonNinja

budget Autozone degreaser, water and a bristle brush like we have at the fire station. although I can say over a year the paint has faded, possible from washing it quite a bit when I was offroad every weekend