• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

washington m35a2

s1036s

Need a m35a2 trailered from port angeles, Wa to everett, WA approx. 90 miles and a ferry ride. I should be able to drive the truck onto the trailer with a little work. Possibly this weekend or next weekend, or maybe in between. Please PM me

Stalwart

Ferry rides are expensive, I just looked 'em up. Remember you gotta go both ways. Edmonds to Kingston is $103 each way. Taking the Whidby Is. route is $130 each way. Then there is fuel at 7 mpg. about $80 for the ferry routes, $160 plus a $10 toll for driving around via Tacoma.

Stalwart

What about taking the Pt. Towsend /Keystone to S.Widbey.One less ferry anyway and you by-pass Seattle traffic?Miles might be awash though.
That is one ADDITIONAL ferry each way unless you take Deception Pass bridge. Edmonds Ferry doesn't go near Seattle.

s1036s

Ya I figured the ferry would cost a bit. Stalwart I will call you later today. I might try to drive the truck, and then have you on call possibly. Thanks for your opinions, keep them coming.

wsucougarx

I would assess the truck first and then go from there. You may be able to get her home on her own power. Just do triple safety checks, safety checks along the way, and keep her slow and steady. Are you a AAA member? If so, sign up for the RV coverage and you'll have that tow option should she decide to sleep on the side of the road.

s1036s

Ya I think, I am goin to spend saturday working on it, and possibly leave early sunday to take it home. Or if all goes well I could take it home saturday.

WSUcougar, I am just trying to get something figured out for worst case scenario. The owner will not know if he can meet me this weekend until friday. I know that I will at least drive it and look at the truck this weekend to Assess the situation. I will have to meet the owner to make offer/ sign title and then he said I can work on it were it sits. Thanks guys.

Stalwart

Moving her under her own power is best, if it can be done safely. Towing at cost of fuel and tolls/ferries isn't cheap by any means. Just understand I can't go at a moments notice. I still have 4000 lbs of 16.00-20's on the trailer at the moment. I gotta go move them upstairs above the garage before I can go anywhere. That ought to be fun . . . NOT, even with the crane!

I see someone from Everett did try to call :D

s1036s

Yes i I just put you number in my phone log so that I can call you later today after work. I completely understand about not being able to go at a moments notice. If this thing seems unsafe or any bit finicky I will leave it were it sits and we could possibly arrange something at another time. I do have AAA and that could be my moments notice if I have to. I appreciate your help. I will call you today.

503m715

If the truck you are looking at is the one that was on craigs list for 2500. Take a look at the fuel line that runs across the crossmember under the radiator. It may be flattened a little restricting fuel to the pump. It is made of copper, so if it is flat you can work it round with a cressent wrench.

flyusn99

Two things that might be helpful. I just transferred down from Whidbey, if you have to take the Whidbey island ferry over from Port Townsend they are super limited on the number of large trucks allowed per load due to the draft of the ferry landing and small size of the boats. Basically you need a reservation so maybe count that out as a last minute plan.
Second thing is AAA refuses to tow ANY military vehicle, even with the super heavy duty coverage. This even applies to humvees and smaller vehicles. I talked to 3 different reps and the answer was all the same.
Good luck on the recovery....

s1036s

Ill check that fuel line, did you look at the truck already? Also, I will double check AAA, and see what they say. Thanks for the heads up, that would have sucked at the last minute.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks