• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

waste diesel engine oil in 6.2?

GFB

I have nearly unlimited access to clean used oil from big trucks. If I filter this down to 2 micron do you think it would be ok to run in a 6.2 at 25-50 percent? I have an old airdog system with water separator and 2 micron filter. I was going to try thinning it down with fuel and then running it through the airdog to the tank.

Westech

CPL
Yes you can use up to 50% WMO in a 6.2 but you have to filter it really well and it will kill older injection pumps. DO a search on SS I have talked about this many many many times.

GFB

I know filtered gasser WMO would be fine. My main concern is WMO from diesel engines. The soot is so tiny that it really can't all be filtered out. I'm wondering if this sub-microscopic soot will eventually eat the pump or injectors.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hear that too, and I suppose it isn't the WMO that kills pumps and injectors, but the soot particles and water/antifreeze that is not filtered out.

WMO when thoroughly filtered is motor oil diluted by fuel from blowby. Should be good burnable stuff.

So unfiltered/inadequately filtered WMO certainly would kill a pump and injectors.

I shudder every time someone posts up that they just dump the drain oil from their deuce motor into the fuel tank "and it runs just fine!"

Well, sure, it will run just fine for a while but I wouldn't want to buy that truck after you are done with it. :cookoo:

Not that there is anything wrong with that :grin: