• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Waste motor oil

Coalman

I hear alot of guys useing wmo in there trucks I have an m35a3 with the cat Can I run wmo ? I thought it was only for the older multi fuel

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In accordance with CAT specifications.. the CAT 3116 is a diesel fuel only engine and has not been evaluated for use with alternative fuels. (recalling from memory).

WVO is a possibility if brewed and mixed with diesel properly. I wouldn't run WMO.

SCRAP

all cummins mechanical engines will be fine filtered and de-watered correctly.
cummins acually had an engine that burned its own crankcase oil by design. The 12 valve "B" series cummins was designed to run on up
to 5 percent by volume and still be warranteed.

Vintage iron

I have found that WMO is a touchy subject here on SS. All I can say is do your homework first, there is a lot of info here about the subject use your search feature and check the Alt fuel section for more info. Just remember nothing is free, everything comes at a price. It will take time to process WMO or WVO into fuel. Good luck and let us what you end up doing.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Any engine painted yaller is going to cost you money when it breaks. I would not hasten the process by using alternative fuels in it (even bio-diesel).

Unless you work it like a rented mule you can prob afford regular diesel.

The multi-fuels were designed to burn scrounged fuel if it came to that.

The Cats were retro-fitted to the deuces under the assumption that our military forces would always have a ready supply of diesel or JP-8.

There are trade offs for modern technology.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks