• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Watch out for straps

Jesse6325

Just my 2cents worth, I've run heavy equipment and farm machinery for 30 + years (still have all my fingers and toes too!:D) Chains stretch, So do cables. I still remember pulling brush with a tractor when I was a kid and hearing broken chain links whining off into the brush like a ricochet. Spooky sound that,,,
Another that REALLY sticks with me is when my dad dropped the D8 in the creek. It took a D6 and two case magnum tractors to get it out,,
After rigging all three machines together with 3/4 inch cable (about 1000 horsepower on the line going to the D8 ) our boss proceeds to stand right next to the cable!:shock:
I flat told him I was leaving if he didn't move. He go mad and asked why, Told him I did not feel like seeing his internal organs that day,,,,
He moved

Last edited: