• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water/alcohol injection

SrIrie

Is any one running a water/alcohol setup on there MV? I no I read somewhere on here when I was reading all the old post’s that someone said that they were running water injection but not to use any alcohol (would like to know why no alcohol) I can’t seem to find that post again. I have put DIY water/alcohol injection on many cars and trucks, diesel and gas and have had really good results and as far as I know would work on an MV. All opinions, pic’s, how you did yours

SrIrie

Re: RE: Water/alcohol injection

Angus1 said:
Get a hold of JWALER I think he has a water injection on one of his M35s.
I used the search registered users for JWALER and it said no registered users matched your search. Is it spelled different maybe

jwaller

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Water/alcohol injection

yes I do have it and no it's not a cummins in the deuce. I have the std multifuel in the deuce. I surmise that with the extra fuel, boost, and water inj I have added about 150hp to my truck and lowered the egt that it ran when stock.

illtemper

jwaller...where can I find details of your mods? I have an m52a2 I'd like to do this to. does it affect the durability of the engine ? thanks

SrIrie

Are you still running the stock turbo and witch one? What are your boost levels also have you had any head gasket issues? And does anyone know how much boost a stocker can handle if you can keep the EGTs down. All the water injection I have done I have used just jets to atomize the water with no variable flow just on or off with a set boost level it has always worked quite well but I always up for new ideas. Is the map sensor setup you run come in a water injection kit or did you build the system?
Any info would be helpful, things you have found do’s and don’ts

jwaller

illtemper said:
jwaller...where can I find details of your mods? I have an m52a2 I'd like to do this to. does it affect the durability of the engine ? thanks
yes it affects the durability.:) it makes it last longer if you ask me. you are running lower egt's.

jwaller

SrIrie said:
Are you still running the stock turbo and witch one? What are your boost levels also have you had any head gasket issues? And does anyone know how much boost a stocker can handle if you can keep the EGTs down. All the water injection I have done I have used just jets to atomize the water with no variable flow just on or off with a set boost level it has always worked quite well but I always up for new ideas. Is the map sensor setup you run come in a water injection kit or did you build the system?
Any info would be helpful, things you have found do’s and don’ts
I have a "D" turbo running about 20psi. it has whatever head gasket it came with. I assume it's got to be the good one as I havent had a problem yet.

The kits I sell come with map sensors. it's the only way to go. "progressive" is the way to do it right.

Don't use meth or anything flammable. I stick with water bc I had an awful experience with meth and alky.

if oyu search my name you will find a lot of info I've written on this subject. if there is anything you dont find please ask.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks