• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water Buffalo M149A2 conversion

pacebm

I have an M149A2 that I want to convert to a diesel fuel trailer. Anyone else on here done this before or know any reason not to do it? Thanks

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
If you over the road it you need placards and fall under DOT regulations. When we start moving, hauling and transporting flammable and combustible material in excess of 1000 lb, uncle sam has input.

rideni

You will need a CDL at that point, class C at the minimum with Tanker and Haz-Mat endorsements, else some serious fines and jail time. That is if you are planning to use on public roads(including for farm use). You will also have to placard all four sides of the trailer with the proper flammable liquid placard(class 3) including UN numbers(1993 IIRC)
You also must include a manifest in the truck

Divemaster920

Banned
Yes, Osicfer it's just water....."you say what is that smell?" OH!!! I must have spilled some Diesel when I filled the truck this morning.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the water buffalo is nice, I suggest buying an M200 and a 600 gallon fuel pod. Heck, buy two fuel pods and a reel assembly and turn a 5 ton into a true fuel truck. M149A2s that are in nice shape are very valuable and are fairly rare. I have seen nice water trailers bring upwards of $1500 at auction! An M200 and fuel pod could be bought for less than a grand. My $.02...

pacebm

Sure sounds like a bunch of crap to convert it over to diesel. It is in good shape so I might just sell. I will post here to let yall know before I sell it.

rideni

any permanent tank or combination of that equal 119 gallons or more requires a license with a tanker endorsement. Any temporary tank or combination over 1000 gallons requires a tanker endorsement.