• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water delivery system for H2O Truck

m139h2otruck

Finally got the last two spray heads installed on the truck this weekend. Only had the front two installed last fall to try out the system before we invested in the others. Filled the truck half full and ran up and down the street running the heads, neighbors were real impressed! Pump won't run all 4 heads very well at once, but you mostly will only run just the side or just front 2 or only the rear alone.

Attachments

m139h2otruck

My brother and I are in the construction business, site work. We will be using the truck on various jobs for compaction and dust control. Already has worked out well on a "sand" job we will be finishing this spring at a local tech school. Very tough to get spec-ed compaction rates without a lot of water. Truck goes almost anywhere we need it to on a site, through sand, soft fill, mud, etc. Not too good on gas, but we don't expect to run it up and down the road full, especially on 1961 12 ply bias tires.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That looks great! :beer:

m139h2otruck

With a 4,000 gallon tank of water, the thing weighs in at appox. 55-58,000 pounds (my guess). This is way over the rating on these old tires. Water alone weighs 32,500-34,000 lbs. Tire rating is about 6,200 lbs x 6 each.

With the pump output at between 250-375 gpm, the tank only lasts 12-20 minutes of actual spray time.

OSO

That paint looks great! What year is your truck ? I have a 1953 IHC M139 that needs paint on the hood real bad! Would like to find out period correct paint . :ditto:

m139h2otruck

The paint is Aervoe #997 (24087) mixed 4:1:0.5 with enamel thinner and a hardener. Prep work was the most important. My son sanded for two solid weeks and applied a urethane heavy primer, then the paint shop sealed the entire truck before spraying about 8 gallons on. A few runs that you can't see and some thin areas but not really a bad job. Much better than stock factory or mil spec brush repaints.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks