• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water in air dryer constant

LPAS4500

M923A2--Water is constantly building in the bottom of the air dryer and causes the 150 psi valve (between tank and air dryer)to blow, instead of the dryer blowing at 120 psi. If I pull on the nut at the bottom of the air dryer with vice grips, a teaspoon of water will come out every 10 minutes. Primary and secondary gauges consistently pass 120 psi and go to 150 psi. I have changed the air dryer filter and all air tanks are dry. Sure it's humid in Louisiana, but my buddy has no problem of this sort with his identical truck. AND...The dryer heater seems to be working(warm, but not too hot to touch).Also, I always open the petcock valves each time after truck use.

Any thoughts??? Where is this water coming from? How do I stop it??

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's coming from the spitter valve not purging when the governor kicks off at 120. The 150 is a safety valve. Do you have wipers and horn? If not the PPV is stuck. Otherwise you may have a bad governor. Both are easy. Lots of water is normal but it is usually expelled on every cut-off. If you are new to air systems do yourself a favor and read up on the system and how everything works together. It will make you insane if you don't follow how the whole system works.

RustyM923

If the "water" contains coolant (faint smell), you could have a problem with your compressor. It's cooled by the cooling system via two hard lines coming from the rear driver's side of the engine (8.3L)

LPAS4500

They did not work before I changed the governor. Then they did after governor replacement 2wks ago. Now they don't. Did not used to have this water issue

LPAS4500

I found what you are talking about. Is that something that can be taken apart, lined and put back together? I also read where a heat gun helped...

LPAS4500

Took PPV apart, very easy, cleaned and lubed up and air dryer blew at 120 psi. Drove it all day and never had another problem and everything is great. Thank you very much for your guidance...and patience!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks