• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

water in engine

87cr250r

We do oil samples in our fleet because we can show them to auditors. The like to see them but they don't provide much value to us as operators. Coolant samples are much more preventative but it's very hard to convince the oil is the most important fluid establishment that this is the case.

Your engine is engineered to manage water in the crankcase. For every lb of diesel burned the engine produces more than a lb of water. As long as the pickup tube isn't submerged the engine will evaporate the water out. That is why I suggested cracking the drain plug.

taskunitbruiser

factory recommended max miles on the Duramax LMM is 7,500 but that is I believe for a full synthetic and I run a blend, (Delvac 1300) and oil and filters are cheap ins.
I have a LMM and have always changed it every 5,000 with conventional, usually Delvac. AC Delco filter. I actually found the K&Ns didn't seal as well.

GTUnit

In a HMMWV turbo motor, if you leave the turbo intake tube off, close the hood, and it rains, water will drain directly into the turbo intake and compressor side. Water does not make it past the turbo compressor side into the engine. Your engine is fine. Water does not make it past the turbo bearing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks