• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water in Front End ?

Loose Deuce

I took both the front brush guards ,(or what ever thay are) off the differential for cleaning and inspecting. I guess the are to protect the rubber boots on the knuckle. When I took the two bottom bolts out, on one side a couple ounces of clear water came out. On the other side about a cup full of rusty brown gooey oil/grease came out. Is this from water getting bast the boots? Only water it gets is when I wash it, unless its been in there a long time. Gear lube in the chunk is clean. are these supposed to be greased or lubed often or does the differental oil takes care of that?

MVtrucker

Boots are leaking. Running in rain will admit some water, I guess. Yes, lube goes in and it's covered elsewhere in SS, but I forget where.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks