• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water in fuel.

corvette9

I filled the truck a few days ago and must have got a load of water with it. I use power source additive in all my diesel trucks but there must be to much water for that to do the trick. Light is coming on when I turn corners. I did a search but can't find exactly where the petcock is to drain water. Is it the one on top of the filter base where you bleed the lines or is there another one i'm not seeing? Other than that the truck is running great.

jpg

Dude... Read the manual.

WATER-IN-FUEL Indicator Light. Indicates when there is water in fuel system. When water
is present in fuel system, drain it. (See paragraph 3-7)
waterInFuel.JPG

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought that light meant you need to ADD water to the fuel!!!

corvette9

Thank you sir. I just went out and drained it. Got 2.5 oz. of water out. I will drain that as reg. maintenance. I don't have a TM for this truck. I can usually find the info I need on this site. I should buy one.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you sir. I just went out and drained it. Got 2.5 oz. of water out. I will drain that as reg. maintenance. I don't have a TM for this truck. I can usually find the info I need on this site. I should buy one.
You can download the TM's FREE right here on SS .
[h=1]TM's for the CUCV[/h]All you have to do is download them to your computer.

jpg

In my post above, the word "manual" is yellow. That means it's a link. Click on it and it will take you to the manual, which you can download and print. There are 5 basic manuals you'll want. The one ending in -10 is for vehicle operators. The -20 is for second-line maintenance. The -20P lists all the parts at that level. The -30 and -30P manuals cover more advanced maintenance. The CUCV TMs are here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?114-CUCV-TMs

There is a massive amount of material on the forum. TMs are the military Technical Manuals, Wikis attempt to collect pointers to useful info in one place, stickies are important threads, and there are the threads. In my post above, the yellow word "here" points to my thread documenting my M1010 experiences. You can click on that if you like. The CUCV Wiki is here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/content.php?2-CUCV-Wiki

The "search" mechanism on the forum will reveal lots of information.

If you have a question about basic operation and maintenance, the TMs will cover that. If you have a problem that the TMs don't cover, chances are someone else has had that problem and there are threads about that. If you haven't done so already, you should read the CUCV TMs and the Wiki.

Once you've read the background material and attempted a search, if you still have a question, folks here will be more than happy to help you.

Last edited:

cucvrus

Corvette9 I covered all this at the time of delivery. That was easy. Do you have an owners manual? Let me know. i can fix you up. JRG must know that truck. He called it by name. DUDE M1028A1. Glad you have the issue resolved. I think you need an M1009 project.

rustystud

You can download the TM's FREE right here on SS .
TM's for the CUCV

All you have to do is download them to your computer.
That is just one of the great advantages of being on this site. All the manuals for free download ! So take advantage of it and download them and read them. Between reading the manuals and working on your truck, there isn't a better way to learn about your rig.

corvette9

Corvette9 I covered all this at the time of delivery. That was easy. Do you have an owners manual? Let me know. i can fix you up. JRG must know that truck. He called it by name. DUDE M1028A1. Glad you have the issue resolved. I think you need an M1009 project.
Hi Rick. No I do not have an owners manual. I have no real manuals at all. I try searching here when I need something. Or I call you. Truck has been fine so no need to work on it till this small problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks