• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water in the front axle.

Adxavier06

Well went to take out the duece today and found this. So I'm guessing a have a bearings and seals job on the front axle now. About how big of a job am I gonna be getting into? That way I know how much time I need to set aside for the repair.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Water in the front axle...

Related to that title... a few pics of my own collection...!

One of the pics explains the others...;-)

G.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That- and much worse- is what easily happens when drivers are morons... who don't have to pay for downtime and repair bills!!

G.

G-Force

G,
If I told you once I've told you a THOUSAND TIMES........you can't keep your vanilla ice cream in your front axle housing........IT'S NOT REFRIGERATED

TURKEY131

I can relate, My steering was acting funny so I thought steering box. Replaced that and still could not turn right. So I pulled off the hub and turns out my ball joint broke and the grease looked exactly the same. I guess I had a some water get in there and over time took a toll on the joint. Waiting for my new seals and going to change the boot to a non-zippered boot while I have it all apart. Its always something when have all these cool toys.

Adxavier06

Well front axles parts are ordered. Thanks for the pics and recommendations. This is job is gonna have to wait a few weeks until some cooler weather comes back to Texas. Lol