• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water jacket cover question

chief1983

Hey, so I ordered the water jacket cover from GMPartsDirect, and I have a AutoMeter gauge I was going to hook onto it. Before I got into tearing into the engine compartment side of things, I tried to dry-fit the sending unit, the adapter, and the plate. However, the jacket seems to be narrowed or mushroomed a bit in the threads well short of the adapter bottoming out going in to it. Should this not happen, or should the adapter probably not go clean through the threads? I can try to get some pics later if this is confusing, but I just want to make sure I got a good part, and that I get my sending unit far enough into the hole in the cover. I'm at work now though, so can't do any photography at the moment. I've emailed GM Parts Direct but I don't really expect them to have a lot of experience with the application of this particular part.

muddobber40

THe pieces are pipe threaded. They taper in towards the bottom. This helps seal things, though you should use some sort of teflon sealant. So, no the adapter should not go clean through.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks