• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water leak in driver side floor M1008

cobia2017

I recently purchased an M1008, and after some good rain last night I noticed a puddle in the driver side floor pan...i had a few short minutes to investigate this am and the firewall inside insulation was wet, I did not bite wetness at base of windshield....if anyone has experience with troubleshooting and fix this I'd greatly appreciate it!

cucvrus

That could be anything from rusted thru pinch weld in the windshield area to the vent seals on the air vents. These are not water tight and I have seen few that do not leak to some degree. Depends how hard the rain or how light the rain. Some are easy fix. Some not so easy. Get a light and lay under the dash and have someone run a hose over the cowl area and windshield and see what you have. Water leaks can be a real treat to find sometimes. Other times it is obvious. Good Luck. I had my floors sprayed with Line X and now I don't worry about water and mud anymore. Before I was touching up the floors on an annual basis. The bottom part is easy to keep clean.

Reactions: Zeb
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks