• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

water leaking

2002ford

I started working on my m1009 this week. I am getting ready to replace the rockers on both sides but I need to stop the water from getting in my truck. I hosed down the roof and windsheild to try to figure it out. I have alot of water coming down the inside of the firewall.

So I pulled the cowl panel and resealed the seam from above. I waited a day and treid agian. Well it leaked but not as bad. Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Doug

Hasdrubal

I've found that water running down the inside of firewall frequently comes from the lip that the windshield rubber seals against. Only way to check it is to pull the windshield, see if there's any rust forming as that expands and pushes the rubber seal allowing water to seep in. I've never had the side foot kick panels leak, although I've removed them and checked a few times. Remove the glove box, get underneath and look up with a light to mke suer first.

2002ford

The water is coming down the firewall behind the insulation. I havent pulled the airvents yet. I am making a parts list that I need. I want to order everything the first time. lol. Thanks everyone.

jmassenga

Check at holes through the firewall for bolts, etc. My M1008 leaked because the bolts for the e-brake pedal were loose.

cliffyp

Coolant on the firewall is definitely heater core. It's and easy replace, just follow the TM. I had the same thing not too long ago. If you buy a new heater core from a parts store, make sure you get one for a truck without A/C. Parts guy didn't ask and I didn't think to specify. The one for a truck with A/C will not work.

Keith_J

Water can come in the passenger foot well vent because the internal gutter isn't long enough. Take the plastic cover with the vent door off and make an extension for the gutter from thin aluminum flashing. Glue it in place with contact cement. Test with the plastic cover off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks